A Great Cubs Season And What I Got Out Of It

My happy place  : )   Yours too!

I'm sitting on my couch feeling sort of numb and empty.  The Cubs season is over.  It ended last night, after a gut-wrenching loss to the red hot New York Mets  A loss that, not only completed a sweep of the Cubs in the NLCS, but also brought many a tear or sigh to the millions of devoted fans all over the world who stayed up late, praying for a miraculous comeback that never happened.  Was it the fault of ancient curses upon our team?  I think not. Was it a lack of preparation in the field or during pregame batting practices? Could it have been the relaxed coaching style of Joe Maddon? Again, it was none of these things.  It was nothing more than games that just could not be won.  Fly balls that dropped on outfielders before laid out bodies and outstretched gloves could snag them.  Bats that remained still because a batter looked at an armpit level pitch that got called for a strike.  Long hit balls that wound up just foul......I could go on and on.  That is the torture of baseball after a huge loss.  You start to blame every bad throw. Every failed bunt.  Everything period.

My solution to this negative mindset is to remember the FANTASTIC memories and moments that this season held for me.  It started in Mesa, AZ. I had a blast with my friend Susan!  Just a few months ago we heard the crack of Kris Bryant's bat as he smoked his 9th preseason homer into the crowd of sun-soaked fans. Everyone knew that this kid would be extra special.  Did we expect him to wind up NL Rookie of the Year?  Hell yes!!

NL Rookie of The Year-Mr. Kris Bryant!  #17


 I remember meeting other die-hard fans like Joyce from Wisconsin.  Keep collecting those Cubbie buttons Joyce and keep the faith!!!  : )


Here's to all the faithful die-hards!


Then, in July, I went to a game with my daughter Natalie at the Confines.  We were very excited on the train trip up.  : ))

Pre-game frenzy!

Take me back, back, back!!

Watching a game from the bleachers this year was totally awesome!!!  We will be coming back up for a night game next year for sure.  Meeting up with my Twitter friend Kristina after the game was so cool!  I hope to meet  more Twitter Cubs fans in the future.  Twitter has helped us all to vent over losses and rejoice over victories.  Sharing epic moments with fellow followers and live tweeting during games continues to be something I really enjoy.  Send a follow request to @wrigleygrl5.  My tweets are protected because my language gets a little heated during games.  Bahahaha!

To top it all off my husband Rick took me to Great American Ballpark for a Cubs game against the Reds!  This was right after Kyle Schwarber hit two monster home runs on my birthday!!!!  Rick told me there is no way the Cubs will give up his bat and young talent.  I agree!  That trip this summer was a wonderful getaway and present.  : )

Rick enjoying a beer at GABP!  <3


In summing up this season I want to remember the homers, the no-hitter by Jake Arrieta, the superhuman defensive plays, Joe Maddon's wonderful managing, the fans, the NOISE, the EXCITEMENT, and the realization that this year was only the beginning.  Cheers to a great season and cheers to a MAGICAL team.  Bring on next year!  We are ready!!!!!

Fireball toasts for all!!!  : )  My favorite celebratory drink!
GO CUBS!!!!  <3








Comments

Popular Posts