Happy Fall

           


Hello friends!  Happy Fall!  Yes, although I'm a bit saddened by the departure of summer, it's almost impossible to not love these beautiful days we've been blessed with!  The air is crisp in the morning and then warms to a pleasant temperature by the afternoon.  Our neighborhood trees are starting to change colors.  Soon, they will all look like this:


I would venture to claim that the Midwest boasts some of the most vibrant panoramas of color in the nation.  I know that Hoosiers are definitely missing the many fall festivals that were canceled due to COVID.  The annual Covered Bridge Festival was the largest one that died on the chopping block.  However, my husband and I recently went to the Cornbread Festival in Mansfield, IN, and, to be honest, it was nice that we didn't have to weave our way between throngs of people.  We enjoyed some delicious beans and cornbread and actually found a picnic table to sit at instead of walking and grubbing at the same time.

I have the house decorated for the season and our family can still dine outside while the weather is favorable.  I would love to hear about your favorite autumn meals!  Are you still grilling out? Rick grills all year long.  We are so lucky to have his skill set around!

Our youngest daughter, Natalie, is doing well in her pregnancy.  She will have one more ultrasound soon. It's hard to believe that in a couple of months all of our lives will change again when baby Aspen comes into the world!  The baby shower was so much fun with a Little Cutie theme.  Thanks to my oldest daughter, Laura, for helping with all the details.


The guys have a diaper party this weekend.  By the time it's over, they should have enough diapers for a year!

Halloween is just around the corner and baseball's postseason is coming, too!  Who would have thought that the Cubs and White Sox would both be participants in this shortened season?  Things could become very interesting.

I have two free e-book downloads coming at the end of this month to those who like and follow my Facebook page!  Put your name in the hat!  Susan Draper Author Page

Subscribe to my website, too!  Comments are always welcome.  I would love to see pictures of your fall displays.  Get outside and put one up!  And don't be afraid to spike the apple cider.  ; )


Comments

  1. Sounds like your "Fall" is coming along fine Sis... Baby showers are a blast . So glad y'all had a "Cutie" time! We will finally get some cooler temps for about 5 minutes here in H-town next week, ...night time temps in the high 50's. Woot. But , as you might remember, we don't get a Fall down here and it won't get cold till January Love y'all . I do all the cookin' so we don't really BBQ. I been doin a lot of salads and stuff like that . I got my Medicare but can't begin till the 1st of November...i gotta find a Medicare advantage plan...omg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I remember walking to school in January when we all lived there. It would be cold in the morning and hot in the afternoon! Sounds like you are a good cook, sis! Love and miss you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts