Spring is in the Air!


The Long Winter is almost over!  In fact, at my house, it is.  I got myself in a spring state of mind by decorating for the highly anticipated season early.  Mother Nature has seemingly rewarded me for my efforts, because the weather has been gorgeous in the Hoosier state!  Mild temperatures and lots of sunshine can sure help your attitude.  Retail stores everywhere have their garden centers open already.  You might even be able to find a shamrock plant like the one below.  Can you tell I'm Irish? 


Spring is a time for rebirth, renewal and reflection.  After the past year of dealing with the heartache and challenges of COVID, I believe most of us have a positive outlook on the future.  There are several vaccines available now. As of last night's news, almost a quarter of the adult population has taken the plunge.  The needle plunge, that is.  Yes, there have been side effects.  For me, I had site soreness after each dose.  Some have experienced more serious issues.  Personal choice remains an option but the majority of people I know want to get the vaccine.   

I decided to leave the workforce, at least for awhile.  The opportunity to babysit our granddaughter part time is more alluring and definitely more important.  Well, yeah!  Aspen is already three months old!  Look at this little ham!  We can't get enough of her! 💕


I'm still working on my young adult novella.  Blogging helps me to balance out writing between fantasy/sci-fi and real life.  Mixing it up  avoids burnout on any one project! 

I recently watched an adaptation of Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 on HBO Max.  Michael Jordan does a fine job portraying Guy Montag.  The thought of any books being burned fills me with sadness and anger.  Where would we be without them?  I don't think I could have survived this long.  Please support your local book stores, struggling authors and all who dare to pursue their dreams in written form.  My worst fear is that censorship will silence the writers of tomorrow.

I want to give a shout out to NASA and SpaceX!  Between the Mars Perseverance Rover landing and continued SN starship prototype launches, there are plenty of things all space freaks can be pumped about.  Upward and outward.  Let's do it!

Try to get outside as much as you can!  Read your favorite genre when possible. It won't be long before we will enjoy views like this.



Comments

Popular Posts