The Cat Days of Summer

 

Okay, I know that's not how the saying goes.  It's actually, "The Dog Days of Summer." This phrase is often quoted by people during the months of July and August, when the weather is particularly hot and humid.  Temperatures are currently moderate in the Hoosier state, but are expected to climb back up.

My novella series is centered around a super species of cats, so I have invoked my author privileges to change it up a bit!  

In fact, one of the hottest characters in my first-in-series book is a  beautiful, grey cat, named Artema!  Her piercing, alabaster eyes are on the front cover of Virus Attack:  Cataclysm in the Cosmos-Book One.

Artema is the kind of cat I always wanted.  I think grey cats are gorgeous, but have never owned one.  Those eyes reflect the bravery and natural ability to lead that she possesses.  Don't let the stone cold gaze fool you. Her story heats up even more in Survival-Book Two.  It will be available for pre-order soon! 

Every time August rolls around I feel a little sad that summer is starting to wind down.  School supplies have been purchased and  baseball trades fill the news.

As you probably know, I'm a huge Chicago Cubs fan.  The recent trades of Anthony Rizzo, Kris Bryant, and Javier Baez left me rather disenchanted with the front office. I'm happy those elite players will now be able to play for contending teams, but it still hurts to not have them on the team. They played such a huge role in winning the 2016 World Series.  

It's the ballpark that I love the most, anyway.  Wrigley Field will always hold a special place in my heart.  New players will make history at The Confines just like players before them.  Here's a picture from one of the games we attended not too long ago.  I can't wait to go back!  



Don't forget to sign up for my monthly newsletter!  Click above to join my fan base.  One lucky winner will receive a $10 Amazon gift card after the end of August! 

As always, I welcome input about your favorite books or ballparks! 

You can catch me on Instagram, Facebook, and even TikTok as @Hoosierwriter!  

Long live baseball and good reads!  


Comments

Popular Posts